Before we get into this post, I want to explain myself. And I want to say THANK YOU to all these wonderful bloggers who were so kind to nominate me! Please don’t think that I don’t care about nominations just because I don’t do them instantly! I am always so honored and so happy to see my name under other nominees! Really, I can’t tell how much I appreciate that!
But, I don’t want to spam you too much with awards and tags all the time, do you understand what I mean? I decided to upload 3 posts a week, which I think works out really well. And since I always plan my posts ahead, I then already have footage for the next week and I save the award for another week.
BUT, recently I realized, that I have quite an amount of tags and awards to do and I decided to make a BIG catch up every month where I do all my nominations at once!
Is that okay with you? I think it’s practical as well for you. You guys then know, every month there are some tags and awards coming and you can have fun reading through my answers and not be spammed with it every week!
Enough of my ramblings, we have a lot to go through!
Here is the desert islands discs:
The wonderful Glücksgeist nominated me to do it, I really love her blog, she is such a fun and incredibly friendly person! If you don’t know her already, you need to check her out! She is definitely one of the most creative and diligent bloggers I know! So a huge thanks to you!
- Link back to the original post (bookbum)
- Thank the person (s) who tagged you
- Come up with your answers
- Then tag others to keep the tag going
You are cast away onto a remote island:
- You can bring 5 albums, what are they?
So, I would bring all tree Ed Sheeran albums (+;x;%), because they’re beyond amazing! And, 21 and 25 from Adele. (I think you know now, which are my favorite musician…)
- You can bring ONE book (not including The Bible (or other appropriate religious texts) or The Complete Works of Shakespeare, as they are already provided and NO SERIES), what one book is it?
Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban.
- You can have one luxury item (it has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island), what is it?
My notebook (with pen included)
Then a lovely bunch of people nominated me for the Liebster award, which I’m so thrilled about! Please go check their blogs, because they’re all so genuine and lovely bloggers who you’re going to enjoy a lot!
- From everythingmexx:
- If you could only live off one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Hmm… Is pizza a good choice? I mean why not. It’s bread with vegetables and cheese, so quite nourishing, isn’t it? (I don’t really care if it is, to be honest)
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
So, I chose out n’ about (the web was added by WordPress) because I feel like blogging and my whole life is a journey. So, I’m out and about all the time, discovering more and more.
- What is your favorite season and why?
I actually always like the current season, but I think autumn tops them all a bit!
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Nails on a black board
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- From un coin de paix:
- What is your favorite social media platform?
I think it’s Instagram. (I do have an Instagram account for my blog btw, check it out here!)
- Do you like cooking/baking, and if so what do you like to cook/bake?
I really enjoy cooking and baking! I love to cook all sorts of pasta, but I also recently made tortilla which turned out quite nice too. I also like baking cookies. If you want some baking/cooking posts let me know!
- Where do you come from?
I’m Swiss and German, and I live in Basel in Switzerland.
- Who are your favorite singers/bands?
Ed Sheeran. Since always. He’s just the best. (He really is.)
- What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is that I won’t be able to handle big loss.
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
Again, Niomi Smart and Rae. (and Poppy Deyes too actually)
- Do you have any middle names?
My middle name is Sophie.
- What is something you would love to learn but never had the time to?
I would love to learn to play the guitar and I would love to also try more different sports.
- Who is the last person you texted?
One of my best friends.
- What is your favorite dish?
Pasta with pesto and I think Pizza as well. (I tend to really like Italian food…)
- What is your favorite animal?
Oh, I actually have no idea. When I was little, I used to be obsessed with horses, but now, I don’t really have a favorite animal. But I really like elephants.
- From simplelittlethingsxx:
- Do you have a favourite holiday you went on as a child?
I really loved going to South Africa and I hope I can go back once
2. Do you have any ideas for your blog in the future?
I do have many great (I think 😊 ) blogpost ideas, so stay tuned!
3. What is your go-to way to relax?
Make myself a big cup of coffee and sit in my bed, either reading or watching YouTube.
4. Do you have a favourite song that makes you cry?
No, my favorite songs make me smile.
5. What is one product you couldn’t live without?
I think it’s my handcream.
- From Azra:
- Three makeup products you will always repurchase?
My Nyx lipstick. (post coming)
- What is your favorite lip product ever?
Oups, same answer My Nyx lipstick in shade cocoa.
- What is your favorite breakfast to have?
That is a difficult question. Maybe… french toast with good drizzle of maple syrup.
- What is your ultimate favorite song ever?
“Be like you” from Ed Sheeran
- Meaning of your blog name, how you decided that’s the one?
I told you the meaning already above, but I decided that that’s the one because it sounded right in my ears!
Here are my questions:
- Where do you want to live?
- What do you want to do, or what are you doing if you’re finished with education?
- What do you do as a hobby apart from blogging?
- Which book do you want to read next?
- What is your favorite song?
- If you could pick a supernatural power, what would you pick?
- What is your favorite childhood movie?
- Link your best blogpost:
Mystery blogger award:
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify each one of your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with a weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link to your best/favorite post of yours.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I feel the most grateful for my family. I owe them everything, without them I would be nothing.
- What do you value most in a friendship?
Being able to talk about everything.
- Do you prefer the sunrise or sunset? And why?
Sunrise, because then day only starts and isn’t over already-
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Playing the guitar.
I feel like I don’t necessarily need to tell you 3 more things about me, because there’ll be enough in this post!
Questions for my nominees:
- Is there anything you want to learn this year?
- What is your favorite book character ever?
- Which word do you always spell wrong?
- What kind of blogposts do you enjoy reading the most?
- How does a good day start for you?
One lovely blog award:
Thank you so much to Jayne & Jane as well as Beauty Knows No Flaws for nominating me!. I always love having a look at your blogs, because they really make me smile! This award is really similar to the Versatile award, which I’ve done already here, but thanks anyway! You both have an amaaazing blog!
The cramm award:
created by Liv (http://www.thecramm.com/)
The Geckoonline and Glücksgeist were so friendly to nominate me for it and I’m so thrilled to be nominated for it, because it’s definitely one of my favorite awards! So thank you very much, you too! 😊
Her are the rules:
- Include that tidbit about who created this awesome award (With link)
- Mention the person who nominated you
- Share three things that motivate you to blog
- Share three people who inspire you to blog
- Share one thing you hope to do that will improve the world
- Answer your challenge question
- Nominate 10+ bloggers and give them a fun ‘challenge question
3 things that motivate me to blog:
There so much thigs that motivate me to blog. First of all, creating a little, unique and personal space in the world wide web. Then of course, writing my content. I love, love, love thinking about new post ideas, sitting at my desk and trying new blogposts, planning, organizing and beautifying the posts and my blog. I just love that. And third, sorry for the cheesiness, but it’s the wonderful community. I never thought that this would be like that. Honestly, there’s nothing more motivating then a great response and a growing community. You’re such an incredibly lovely and creative folk out there! I get I contact with people all over the world and that’s simply amazing! Sharing my thoughts with you guys is a delight!
3 people who inspire me to blog:
I mentioned her already, but it’s just true.
She’s probably one of the most known bloggers, you probs won’t be surprised.
She has an awesome, honest and unique blog. I love reading her casual and nice posts!
1 thing that I want to do to improve the world:
I hope to help the world through my work. I’m not sure what that is going to be yet, but I really want to work in a space where I can somehow help people to get happier. I think I want to spread my positivity, I want to make people smile and to give them courage to move on and fond their paths. If I can somehow manage to do that, I think my main life goal is achieved.
1 Question for me:
Would you rather only have 7 more days to live, or would you like to be cryogenically frozen and come back 250 years in the future?
O gosh, what a question! I think, I would choose to be cryogenically frozen and come back, simply because I am far too curious about the future in 250 years to not do it… Yes, I would do that, but it wouldn’t be easy to make this decision.
My challenge question:
If you could go into books, which book would you visit?
Sunshine Blogger award:
Thank you so much to Natalie for nominating me for this one! She’s a real sunshine in the blogging world, so make sure to check her blog!
- Thank your nominator and add a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate another 11 blogs and write a set of 11 questions for them to answer
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog and/or post
1)What drink would you order at the bar?
Probably a Bitter Lemon or a San Bitter (you can tell I quite like bitter drinks!)
2) Do you believe in love at first sight?
I do kind of believe in it. I think you’re not in love at first sight, but you have a special and unique feeling about the person.
3) If you had to watch one film over and over, what would it be?
Either Charlie and the Chocolate factory or princess Diary
4) What is your go-to Karaoke song?
Hmm… I actually have no idea. Maybe “let it go”?
5) Are White lies okay?
I don’t know. I guess, it really depends on the situation!
6) Who is your celebrity crush?
I really like Matt Damon and Chris Pine as actors, but they’re not a crush.
7) What is your perfect Sunday?
Waking up early, making myself a cup of tea and reading until all of my family has waken up. Then eat a lovely brunch. Write a blogpost. Go for a walk. Have a coffee. Read again. Eat something delicious (pizza!). And then go to sleep! 🙂
8) you’re going on a date. Where would you like to go?
Ehm… a café, I would feel the most comfortable there. Although, that’s not really cool, is it?
9) what is your favourite song/ Singer?
I’m sure you know that already: Ed Sheeran
10) Does your star sign represent you well?
To be honest I have no clue, I’m not so much into astrological stuff.
11) What is the most regrettable decision you have ever made?
Let people make me cry, who aren’t worth the tears.
Question for my nominees:
- What does your dream holiday look like?
- If your life had a title, what would it be?
- What is your favorite part of the day?
- If you could be a Disney princess or prince, who would you be?
- What is your all-time favorite beauty product?
- Is there anything you would like to change or improve on your blog?
- Why did you decide to create your blog?
- With which book or movie character do you identify yourself?
- Which movie do you want to see next?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What is one tip that you can give fellow bloggers:
The dawn dagger challenge:
I’ve been nominated from the lovely Ann for this challenge, and of course I needed to make it because it’s a fun challenge and because Ann is such an amazing person!
- Answer all questions.
- Give ten questions for your nominees.
- Tag 1 to 10 people.
My questions to answer:
- What’s your the most embarrassing situation?
Falling randomly from my bike, when people are watching.
- What’s your favourite song?
I say this a lot but: “Be like you” from Ed Sheeran
- Africa or Asia?
I’ve only been to Africa yet, but I’m sure Asia is just as interesting!
- What would you choose? Living in haunted house for a week or staying in a room full of big spiders for two days?
Hmm… I guess I would choose the spiders, because that’s over earlier.
- Do you paint your nails? What’s your favourite colour of nail polish?
I do, I love light blue and lavender. (check my post to it here)
- History or Science?
I like both, but I guess history wins the battle for me.
- What’s your favourite country which you have visited?
Probably South Africa, but I also loved Ireland!
- Banana or pineapple?
Ouh this is hard. I honestly can’t choose.
- If you became a queen what activities (e.g. commission for putting something up) would you do?
Interesting question… I think I would try to raise awareness that we need help the refugees instead of being scared of them and pushing them away!
- Lollipops or cookies?
Cookies, for sure.
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could create a product, what would it be?
- If you could play a movie character of you choice, who would you play?
- What is the next trip you’re planning?
- What do you enjoy doing apart from blogging?
- List one of your life goals.
- What is one meal that you want to learn to cook?
- What is something you’re looking forward today?
- How did you like the last book you read?
- What is the last thing you bought?
- What is one quality of your blog, that you’re most proud of?
So, that was it all! I feel like you really know quite a lot about me now, since I just answered a whole lot of questions! I hope you enjoyed reading and I’ll see you then with my next post on Friday!
I’m out and about,